Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Sunday, 14 February 2010

Another JustRite challenge card


I made this birthday card today to a design I've used many times before but added words from the Just A Note set and one of the new wide borders, both by JustRite stampers, mounted on a Spellbinders die from Labels #4. The gold decorations, including the 'pages' at the top are peel off stickers, which are very popular and easy to find in the UK (my local craft shop has an amazing stock) but I understand they are not common elsewhere, particularly in the US. Like many craft items/techniques they originated in the Netherlands. There is a score line separating the 'cover' from the 'spine' but unfortunately this doesn't show on the scan. I have no idea whose pattern the 'book' was originally; I saw it on Circle of Crafters several years ago and have since made it in various sizes, from ATC up. When sending it in an exchange I title it 'The Friendship Book'.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona! Your card is so pretty, I love that border stamp and the cute little corner embellishments are the perfect finishing touches for your lovely card! FAB work with the JustRite stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I believe its a WS Designs template, very useful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies, I've only just seen your comment. I started using this design long before Wendy produced her template - I originally saw one made by a member of the Circle of Crafters. I always make mine from scratch and have done it in various sizes from ATC to A5

      Delete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.