Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Saturday, 24 July 2010

Another card for Frances


At the beginning of June I showed a card for a friend who celebrated her 90th birthday a couple of weeks back. Sadly I'm now showing a 'get well soon' card for her: Frances broke her leg a few days ago and has had to choose between being in traction for ten weeks or having surgery to pin the bone. Typically she has decided on an operation which should mean a shorter period of inaction. The hospital staff were taken aback when they asked if she normally preferred to walk with a frame or a stick and she replied indignantly 'Neither! I belong to a rambling group, and only have a slight problem with hills sometimes!' Bless her, she has an artificial hip and osteoarthritis but doesn't let anything hinder her...especially when a visit to a craft shop is in her sights!

The card is very simple, just a small JustRite greeting with wide border mounted on silver and blue mirror card layers cut with Blossom #1 by Spellbinders. The background paper has been in my stash for years and knowing that Frances loves blue and butterflies I couldn't have found anything more appropriate.

4 comments:

  1. That butterfly background paper is SO PRETTY! Doesn't it feel good to use something that you've had laying around for years?

    A Fellow Busy Bee Blogger,
    Rebecha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, and beautiful story of a fabulous lady.
    Have a blessed day
    Rebekka

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very lovely and so sweet of you to think of your friend - sending healing vibes to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the card looks great, but since you said (at SCS) that you weren't happy with it... perhaps a horizontal row of cardstock with a ribbon and bow over top (so it ends up looking like three rows, cardstock/ribbon/cardstock running left to right behind the blossom).

    My dad was the same way when he was in hospital all the time. The nurses would have to take his crutches away (he was an amputee) to keep him from getting out of bed and doing his own thing.

    I would love to send your friend a get well card too (when I get home next week) if you're okay with that you could send me your address (or the hospital's address) at my SCS account. I'm BerkanaTyr. (I won't be offended if you say no, it is kinda weird to give out your address to strangers on the internet!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.