Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Saturday, 16 January 2010

A giant step for me in Blogland!


I feel somewhat overwhelmed. Today I mentioned my blog on a couple of craft forums I frequent and have been amazed at the number of kind comments received! It has led to the re-discovery of blogs I've read occasionally but not kept tabs on, and others completely new to me, so that the next step on my blogging journey was to set up a list of blogs I read - or intend to. No doubt there will be further additions in the coming days and weeks and I am rapidly becoming aware that this could develop into a monster with a life of its own. OK, maybe not a monster.....more like a demanding cat.......and having been owned by cats for the past 42 years I'm not sure if that's an improvement or not.

One of the blogs I discovered (see Just Cute Bears Challenge in my blog list) is starting brand new challenges for designs with teddy bears: I made this card for twin boy and girl quite recently and couldn't resist entering. The big bears are by PSX, the smaller ones by Penny Black, punch by Fiskars. I used chalks to colour the bears and popped the large ones on foam pads.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Fiona, those bears are gorgeous
    Such a delicate effect colouring them with chalk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like this one Fiona, love the bigger bear.

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh.... lovely card with lovely bears!!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Fiona and welcome to blogland! I've just been enjoying a look at what you've posted so far and am looking forward to coming back for more!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Super card, these bears are adorable. Thaks for joining in and good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I'm glad that you posted on SCS - your blog is great. I'm a lover of fall colors too!

    If you need blog help just ask - I don't mind helping.
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.