Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Tuesday, 26 January 2010

Parchment Craft


I started doing parchment craft several years ago but am not very expert at it because I don't practice enough. I have resolved that this year I really will work at it; meanwhile this is the third time I have made this card, the design of which appeared in Parchment Craft Magazine a year or two back. I much prefer the lacy look of white-on-white to the coloured style, but of course that also relates to my love of lacemaking and my inability as an artist.


And just to show that I have done other patterns, here's a Christmas card I made from a design by Christine Coleman. It's far from perfect....but it gives me a baseline to chart my improvements!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona,
    Beautiful parchment work and gorgeous cards. Nice to meet a fellow parcher. I don't do nearly enough although I have nearly all the tools etc.
    It is time consuming but very rewarding.
    I use Pergamano tools etc but do have a few of CC's patterns.
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Fiona - that butterfly is just amazing. Tess x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moly, these are just stunning... I really dont see how you intend to "improve" at it... thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.