Friday and Saturday I spent at a big craft show just a couple of miles down the road at Farnborough. I met lots of friends, both local and the 'usual suspects' from CoC (there are about a dozen of us in the south of England able to meet every 6 weeks or so) and as usual spent far too much money, this time concentrating on parchment craft tools and patterns since I've vowed to make this my main project this year. When I arrived home on Friday afternoon I was greeted with the news that our neighbours' new baby had arrived a couple of days previously so I was all set to make a special card with one of my new patterns! It had been an impulse buy because I rarely have to make cards for babies or older children but couldn't resist this book by Pauline Loweth, one of the great English parch craft teachers.

So here's my latest effort after two days' work. It contains several new-to-me techniques and I'm satisfied with the result overall, if not the details. Considering it's my first piece in over a year I'm pleased with it, and hope that if I work at it more frequently I might not have to re-learn everything each time!
Your bonnet is beautiful! Looks like a lot of work.
ReplyDeleteFiona, your bonnet card is beautiful! I don't know how to use parchment but I am amazed by your talent! I am sure they will love this card.
ReplyDeleteWelcome back and I'm happy you had a great time crafting with friends. =0)
Very beautiful, love the lacy intricacy!
ReplyDeletethat is such a wonderful card! It looks like you put a lot of hard work into it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful baby card! I love that bonnet and the personalized name on it. :)
ReplyDeletethat bonnet is soooo nice!!! what a sweet baby card!!
ReplyDeletelovies, =o) kel
Fiona I love the bonnet it is gorgeous and I'm sure your neighbour will love it too. I wish I vould have been with you all at Farnborough, perhaps next year!!
ReplyDeleteAnne
This is gorgeous..Love this!
ReplyDeleteFiona, your bonnet card is super! Love it! Parchment craft is like riding a bicycle - you never forget how to do it :-) I'm sure your neighbor was very impressed with the card. Hope to see more of your parchment creations soon.
ReplyDeleteFiona this is awesome.
ReplyDelete