Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Friday, 12 March 2010

A Rose in Iris Folding

It's been one of 'Those' days craftwise today, when nothing disastrous happened but neither did that which was expected; I suppose it is hardly surprising that I've just written a blog entry about it which has promptly vanished into a black hole in cyberspace! It will probably *wander back onto the page in its own good time when least expected, so don't be too surprised if you experience déjà vu at some point. (*Rather like the crazy picture I have in my mind of Terry Pratchett's gargoyles wandering around in the attic of the Unseen University whenever it rained, because even though they were ugly they weren't stoopid so didn't see the point of sitting on the down pipes getting wet.) Ahem! To return to sanity...


I needed to make a card for a friend's birthday next week so thought I would complete the paper pricking started last Monday, by adding a teabag folded medallion in place of the intended, but too big, JustRite flower stamp. I found some TB paper with mauve daisies which would do nicely; unfortunately most folds are made from 8 squares and I had only 5, so Plan B was called for (a different, and smaller, motif). Made it, tried it, didn't like it and threw it in the bin. Once again the pricked card went back in the 'pending' file and I started a new one from scratch, this time with a pattern for iris folding. Found some pretty card in pale cream with embossed roses so cut the aperture and selected various cream/yellow/gold papers.....didn't like them against the base card colour so put the yellows away and chose some pale pinks instead. The rose went together quite well, but I cut the stem and leaves 3 times before I was happy. I mounted it on mid green and finished off the card with a peel off trim and greeting in gold, then removed it and replaced it in silver. That base card really wasn't as cream as I thought, but more of an off white. Finally I was happy.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

7 comments:

  1. Fiona this card is BEAUTIFUL! I am in awe of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that is pretty Fiona

    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty rose! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to create a flower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that paper folding....how much patience you must have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness. I love this. What a beautiful card using the iris folding technique. I have always wanted to learn how to do this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.