
I've been busy making more Christmas cards but haven't posted them here because they are just variations on a previous theme. I can't attempt to make 120 completely different cards, so do about 10 or 12 'almost' the same before moving on to another batch. Today, though, I stopped to make a friend's birthday card for next week. I was determined to use one of JustRite's Backyard Birds because when it first came out J kept trying to insist that I really didn't need it - all for the good of my Credit Card I should add, because I was broke at the time but loved it so much that somehow I managed to find the necessary pennies! By using the hummingbird on her card I may be able to convince her 'See! I did need it!'
The bird's colouring may not be ornithologically perfect because we don't have hummingbirds in England but I did my best to copy the sample on the index sheet. Having cut out the centre with a small Nestie circle (which I raised on foam tape) I used Blossom #1 for the border and then a large plain circle for the blue layer. I chalked the backgrounds with pale blue for the bird and pale green for the border, and used the same green behind the morning glories on the long panel which was cut with the mega deckle Nestie. The trellis punch is used on pearlescent paper and the other background paper is from my stash.
You did a beautiful job, your hummingbird looks great! Love the MS Punch you used. Your friend will just love this card.
ReplyDeleteThis is lovely, your colouring looks great and I like how everything ties together.
ReplyDeleteAwesome card, Fiona! Your blog header photo with the leaves and stairs just made me nostalgic for living up North! :)
ReplyDeletehummingbirds make me happy...this card makes me joyful...great job on this one!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful card! I love the hummingbird!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! Your coloring looks great and the image is so beautiful. Your friend will love this card, I'm sure. :)
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful card....and i love your site..i'll be back....
ReplyDeleteThanks for this blog posst
ReplyDelete