
It looks as if there might be a couple of themes to my Christmas cards this year - you've already seen various snowmen, and now here is another type of poinsettia . I stitched the front some time ago but forgot about it until this morning; it took a while to find but eventually turned up safely in the first place I had looked in, though not before I had searched several other possibles as well! I really am quite well organised, but I swear my craft room is inhabited by aliens who move all my bits around when I'm not looking.
The pattern is from an online site Pinbroidery (there's a link in my Favourite Craft Sites sidebar) from which you can choose patterns, pay with PayPal and download complete with all necessary diagrams and instructions. The only thing you have to supply is the thread and beads: they don't seem to have found a way yet of supplying those via the internet! I have used shiny threads and red & gold beads; the mat once again is gold mirri card. It really is mounted straight but I had 5 or 6 attempts at scanning and this was the best I could do, because the bulk of the beads made the card slide around. Hmm, a spot of low tack tape would have solved that problem, but it will have to wait until DH is finished with his magazine editting.
Wow, this is beautiful, so much work in it! I'll bet its stunning in real life.
ReplyDeletewww.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com
Very nice and a lot of work! I know about those aliens moving stuff around in craft rooms.... I think I must have some myself!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty! My 2 year old daughter (who often surfs the blogs with me in the morning) got very excited when I looked at the close up. She's seen me doing some stitching and immediately recognized that your flower was stitched!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing!
Beautiful... I love stitching on cards!
ReplyDeleteThis is stunning!!! I can't believe the stitching what an amazing job, just plain lovely, hope whoever gets this one puts into a frame, just like art.
ReplyDeletebeautiful work...this is a wonderful card...and i don't have aliens...i think mine are fairies...the devious sort
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, classic holiday card! :)
ReplyDelete