Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Sunday, 21 November 2010

Tree and Holly Leaf


I'm still folding for Christmas - I found another pack of tree cards yeserday so have been making them up as a change from bells, then this evening I've gone back to baubles. So far I've made only one holly card because I messed up the first one by covering the front in holly patterned paper but didn't like the finished effect, however I was able to salvage the IF and mount it behind a new front which you can see here. I had to trim the white card because the leaf looked a bit lost, and the berries are punched from mirri card because the only red gems I have are too small, but from an overall shaky construction I'm pleased with the finished effect and will get cracking on making some more. By the way, the tree is mounted on gold with a gold star and peel off greeting (I cannot bring myself to make anything but green trees). You may be relieved to hear that this will probably be my last IF post because I've now shown samples of all the designs I have: plenty more of the same to make up but next time I hope to have something completely different to show off.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are super! What a fabulous fold - I don't think I could do that if I tried, lol! Wonderfully done and a perfect holiday card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still think they're all fantastic! That is an awesome technique. I'm going to have to research it to find out how it works. Way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I like your technique - it's different and interesting. Great job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona
    You really have been busy with all your Iris Folding! Yes I am back in Blogland, (it took me long time to settle down again when we came back), but only for the next 3 weeks then England here we come WhoooHoooo!!! shame it is only for 4 weeks. Hoping to see you then.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! she said absolutely speechless, gorgeous!!! You do such a great job on the Iris Folding, these are so beautiful, definitely inspiring me to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just gorgeous! Such a beautiful design and the folding looks so intricate. I have never seen this technique before visiting your blog, it is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely stunning, wish I had the patience and talent to make something like this, awesome! Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are very neat, I love how the paper is folded in to the design! I haven't seen this before and it is impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fiona,
    The tree and holly leaf are amazing! No idea how you did it, but they are works of art. I love looking at all your cards, and these stand out as some of the best!

    Lisa (BC) from the cross stitching days. Still remembering meeting you at CSNF a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.