Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Monday, 19 April 2010

Spring has finally sprung!

It's been a long winter and spring was slow in making an appearance, but it's here at last and I thought it was time to change the autumn leaves for some greenery. Nothing special, but I found it an attractive mix of shades and shapes.

Today's card is my entry for the JustRite Stampers weekly challenge 'Double Vision'. The given requirements were to use at least two differently shaped Nestabilities and two JRS sets. Unfortunately the colours don't show very well in the scan: the base card is lavender with a panel on the back of deep purple overlaid with vellum patterned in silver, held in place by square purple brads. The bottom is folded up and a piece of deeper lavender card edged with a Martha Stewart punch 'Arched lattice' layered on top, then wrapped with narrow white ribbon edged with silver. The Nesties Label #4 is cut from purple vellum onto which is mounted one of the JR 'Beautiful Blossoms' coloured with Promarkers. I stamped it in black Memento ink, then stamped it again in Adirondack bottle green ink and cut it out with two of the Nesties Classic Oval shapes to give a green frame. The 'Friends are flowers' quote is from the JR 'Joyful Hearts' set, also cut with one of the Classic Ovals.

The label shape is adhered only at the top so it can be placed over the lower flap and tucked under the small oval, which is similarly attached only on the left side, to keep the card closed.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona, your card is so pretty and I just love that beautifully coloured flower and sentiment - nice combination of the stamps and spellbinders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Fiona!! I love the purple, and mix of Spellbinders, JR with the lattice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful Fiona.

    Kathleen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful greenery, Fiona! So says Spring! Your card is just gorgeous! Wonderful colors! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona, you have once again made a very elegant and pristine card. I love the sentiment and the color palatte. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiona, thanks for visiting my blog & for your sweet comment! I love your purple colors and how your Nesties label is your card closure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fiona that is besutiful and isn't it nice to have spring .

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing in the JustRite challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is beautiful! I love the way you colored the floral image, and the pretty shades of purple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love the purples and the different shapes layered on each other. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.