
I've made this style of card many times, because it's so versatile and always makes an impact. Sorry the colour of the scan is poor, it's much too pink for the real thing which is cream and gold! I started with a sheet of ivory pearlescent card, folded and trimmed to 7"x5". I then mixed measurements and marked 2cm (just under 1") from the folded edge for the line between front cover and spine, and the same below the top to trim the front and reveal the 'pages' which are rows of narrow peel offs stuck on the inside. The corners were trimmed to a slight curve instead of straight, the first time I've tried it but it's definitely an improvement (see my blog entry for 14 February for a comparison). The gold panel uses Martha Stewart's Punch Around the Page 'Double Loop' set, and the 3D flowers are from a decoupage sheet by Mireille. I only used 3 layers which I think is quite enough, although the sheet provides seven. I added a single sided insert sheet because it has to be quite small to avoid the cutaway sections, and somehow a tiny folded insert looks wrong IMHO. I used the same border punch along the bottom, and a gold peel off anniversary greeting to tie it all together. I hope our friends like it.
Goodness me - nothing from JRS, no Nesties and no Cuttlebug! No doubt they will all re-appear when I start on my next batch of birthday cards.
Beautiful work on this wonderful card!! What a perfect way to celebrate this milestone event!! Simple gorgeous!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card. It would be an honour to receive it! I love the colours and always love 3D flowers!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous card for a golden anniversary. :)
ReplyDeleteAwseome, this is amazing, it does have such impact.
ReplyDeleteWhat a clever idea Fiona. I shall definitely try that one out.
ReplyDeleteMags
This is just beautiful, Fiona! Lovely color!
ReplyDeleteThis card is very regal. It's also making me want to go to Micheals and purchase that punch. :)
ReplyDeleteOh this is SO beautiful! The punch you used is something I must add to my collection! TYFS!
ReplyDelete