This is the card I made at the weekend but couldn't scan. It's the first stepper I've tried, using a template by 'Get in Shape' (isn't that a great name?!). I couldn't make sense of the instructions at first so did a dummy run with a piece of scrap paper and it worked perfectly, so making the real card was child's play. The cake stand image is by Impression Obsession, sentiment by Stampendous and the individual cakes are from Hero Arts, coloured with Promarkers. The main image and sentiment are cut and layered with Nesties. I used Dewdrops as cherries; next time I'll use Tippex to get rid of the line behind them as they are so very transparent. The card is for my DD - I've told her not to look at my blog until after her birthday on Friday :)
Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens
Wednesday, 14 July 2010
Birthday Cakes
This is the card I made at the weekend but couldn't scan. It's the first stepper I've tried, using a template by 'Get in Shape' (isn't that a great name?!). I couldn't make sense of the instructions at first so did a dummy run with a piece of scrap paper and it worked perfectly, so making the real card was child's play. The cake stand image is by Impression Obsession, sentiment by Stampendous and the individual cakes are from Hero Arts, coloured with Promarkers. The main image and sentiment are cut and layered with Nesties. I used Dewdrops as cherries; next time I'll use Tippex to get rid of the line behind them as they are so very transparent. The card is for my DD - I've told her not to look at my blog until after her birthday on Friday :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Isn't this a great type of card, I did one for the first time myself. This one is beautiful, you did a great job.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun idea for a stair step card!
ReplyDeleteFabulous card! Love the stair step. It's going to make a great card for your daughter.
ReplyDeleteLynn
I've never made a stepper card, but I love the way yours turned out. It's very interesting and now my head is swimming with cute ideas. THanks for the inspiration!!
ReplyDeleteA Fellow Busy Bee Blogger,
Rebecha
This looks delicious!!:) I just love this with all these fabulous colors
ReplyDeleteAll those cupcakes look yummy! :)
ReplyDelete