It's his birthday tomorrow and I've just made this card kneeling on the floor of my workroom in the most ridiculous cramped conditions! The trouble is that I usually work on the dining table, but the dining room gives direct access to the garden and DH has been trimming the hedge and cutting the lawn so he's been in and out like a fiddler's elbow. My craft room is too small (OK, too untidy) for a table so rather than risk him seeing his card before The Day I worked behind a closed door. That didn't stop him coming into the living room via another door when I was using the scanner there, but then occasionally our house resembles a French farce with characters entering and leaving rooms with multiple doors and unintentionally pursuing each other while the cats look on in amazement. Their only concern is who will stop long enough in one place to feed them.Anyway, the card is made in two shades of Bazzill card, with leaf paper by Nancy Watts from Making Cards magazine. The bird is by Stampin Up stamped in Versafine sepia and cut with a Nestie and the background sponged with Vintage Photo distress ink. The brown leaf was a button but I chopped the shank off so it lay flat. And the punch is my latest Martha Stewart acquisition, Iron Gate.
This is beautiful..Happy anniversary to you two. :)
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card, I love the sponging around the bird image! Happy Anniversary! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colors. They're so serene. Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteTFS
So glad to see you back! Missed Ya:). I know how you feel about forgetting the family happens to me all the time. Your card is great, love the iron fence punch and how you stamped that little bird and the distressing, great as usual.
ReplyDeletebeautiful card, and happy anniversary, Ronnie
ReplyDelete