Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Friday, 26 November 2010

More of the Same

Not being one to waste a good idea (I don't have enough to be careless of them) I made another handful of cards using yesterday's design with different papers and colour schemes. The darker blue has random patches of purple hidden in its depths so I found purple mirri card for the circle and tag which goes quite well, especially being toned down by the silver ornament shape; I did make one with a purple ornament but decided it really was too much of a good thing and reversed the colours for the rest. The pale blue is yesterday's discard - I suddenly thought of the glitter papers I'd been using for iris folding and the dark blue goes quite well. I didn't bother to emboss those circles because when I tried to, the die cut through the soft paper completely! The ornament and tag are in silver mirri and on each card the sentiment is a silver peel off - I love using a self coloured background for these and being raised they stand out surprisingly well.The snowflakes were made using the large Martha Stewart punch, Glacial Snowflake.

4 comments:

  1. These are such an elegant take on the already beautiful original. I think it is the silver and the snowflakes that make them just pop! I LOVE the purple and silver together, so very rich! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your blue birthday card - such a fabulous take on the holidays - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Fiona, I just love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these- I saw the Heirloom Ornament die used a few weeks ago, and have decided that it will be my choice for next Christmas, which was sort of ironic, as I was still struggling to finish THIS years at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.