And I have to make 6 birthday cards for the month, although one has already gone for a friend's birthday on the 2nd. This new one is for my brother-in-law who was a Christmas Day baby; he and my sister will be in the States visiting their daughter and her family so I had to make the card in good time - no good leaving it until the day before as I sometimes do! I was tidying my craft room after the Christmas card marathon and sorted out a pile of scraps. Three pieces landed together and I liked the effect so much I decided that would be the base for the card - the plain brown Bazzill, the gorgeous copper coloured paper (which is far more brown/gold IRL than the pink it appears to be here) with embossed ovals, and a piece I had coloured myself with Distress Inks in light yellows and oranges. The latter made the edge strip under the trellis and also the background for the sentiment. And all the little scraps which were created from the old ones have gone into the waste paper bin!!!Tomorrow, weather permitting, we are off to the German Christmas markets.....if I don't post in the next couple of days, you may assume we have managed it this week.
I love that you created this beautiful card from your scraps! It is beautiful! Have a great time at the German markets...hope you make it this time. Sounds like a lot of fun! :)
ReplyDeleteGreat way to use scraps and i like the punched border. Very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI am German and i LOVE our christmas market. I don´t know if it´s the same in England but i wish you much fun !!
Very pretty! And inspiring that you used your scraps.
ReplyDeleteI love these colors together. I bet the copper is beautiful in person.
ReplyDelete