Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Wedgwood Style Birthday Card


It's been a long time since I did any card making; I'm ashamed to say I've missed at least three birthdays in that time, however my excuse is that it's been a busy month with visitors and attending two folk dance festivals. Now the weather has decided that summer is over, autumn draws near and settling down in the craft room is a very good idea, so here's the first of my offerings using a stamp I bought when my sister was staying with me and needed to be taken to a big craft shop.....well, that's my story!

The image is by Hero Arts, stamped using Versamark with detail white embossing powder. I swear the plain blue squares had straight edges and right angled corners when I cut them - can't think how they got themselves so crooked! (and they really don't look as bad on the real thing.)

8 comments:

  1. Such a cute card... love the embossing and the classic look of the blue and white. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so like wedgewood, which I love. Glad you had an awesome summer that is what it is all about before the colder weather sets in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! I love the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you have made a great comeback with this card! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I love the void where the garland cuts across the center figure and shows up dark. And I hadn't even noticed the edges until you said something. :-p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fiona! I've missed you but glad to see you back creating!!!! Cute card btw & I like the colors you used....TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Very pretty and so classic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.