On Friday I was so bugged about the GW card that I wandered round the house doing everything except make a card - things were so desperate that I almost did the ironing!!! Needless to say, once I sat down things were much better and although I didn't set out to make an easel card this is how it evolved....and I was actually pleased with it when finished

I've had a rather rough time over the past 5 months (culminating last week with our son emigrating to Canada) and my mojo has been on a long vacation but I'm hoping to be back on an even keel now. There's a lull in upcoming birthdays so I plan to go back to making Christmas cards and entering the Bah! Humbug! challenges, and the others I still have listed in my sidebar.

The first card is great but the second is simple yet very pretty! Love how you made it into an easel card.
ReplyDeleteFiona,
ReplyDeleteI hope everything stays headed in the right direction for you and your family. Now onto the cards...
I think you did a LOT of stamping with the chess card! It turned out neat. I love roses, so that reason alone makes that one stand out for me. I love the added level to the easel card. Thanks for sharing!
These are great cards love the red, black and white, very elegant and the second with the bright yellow and being an easel card is perfect. Glad things are settling down, that always helps the mojo.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card! I am glad things are settling down and that your mojo is returning.
ReplyDeleteWonderful cards! I love all of the chess pieces stamped on the first one and your easel card is colored so beautifully!
ReplyDeleteLove that Chess card Fiona! Wish I could come up with something that good when I'm out if inspiration!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the good luck wishes and lovely comments you left on my blog. They are much appreciated.
I tried to achieve all the lovely autumnal colours just like the ones in that glorious tree you have for your header picture. Didn't quite manage it but came pretty close!
Jackie x
Both your cards turned out wonderfully! And happy anniversary to you both! I have to get started on making some Christmas cards too.
ReplyDelete