Two weeks later I was still struggling to create and I 'cheated' with an easy cut-and-stick design for my niece's birthday, using images from Making Cards magazine. I had two pretty background papers in my stash and with the use of old and new Spellbinder dies the card came together quite satisfactorily.
Finally, there was yet another Golden Wedding celebrated by friends (I think that's 6 in about 18 months). Using the trusty Centre Step template by Get in Shape, a couple of Memory Box dies and a couple more Spellbinders for the aperture and trim, a sheet of pale gold card for the base and another of matt gold for the images, the entire card came together in about half an hour. That was after a dummy run which proved the difficulty of attaching those very fine flower stems securely but invisibly, and the advantage of having an aperture edge behind which some good old fashioned sticky tape is concealed!



I think even though you were struggling, your creations ended up very well. I loved the one in white and gold - it's stunning.
ReplyDeleteHi Fiona! It's so good to *see* you Hun & I LOVE your cards especially the white and gold one! Great work as always my friend & TFS!!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute, I also love your stitched card below! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAll three are great and it doesn't look like you struggled too much!!
ReplyDelete