Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Wednesday, 13 January 2010

Birthday cards






I spent the morning making cards for a friend's 70th birthday this coming Friday. I knew the Art Impressions stamp and quote (on the blue card) would amuse her, but it isn't special enough for a Big Birthday so I made the pink card as well. I bought the vellum overlay in New Zealand last year and love it; I used JustRite stamps and Nesties yet again and was pleased with the effect given by the Labels #9. My natural style tends to be very geometric and I don't find it easy to mix shapes, which is why I rarely attempt collage. What looks artistic when others do it just looks a mess when I try to do likewise, but then I mutter 'Simple elegance!' to myself, and my mantra is definitely 'Less is more'!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pink card and the vellum is so pretty. I love just rite stamps too. Now you can enter my challenges too no excuses. Love and well done on the new blog Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I've got that text stamp but am rarely brave enough to use it!

    (Vixykins from JS forum)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue card! I have some images on disk that are like that and they are hilarious!

    I'm sure that your cards will be hit's with your friends.

    I'm glad that you posted your blog on SCS - I'll be back for more. You do great work.
    Hugs,
    Joani

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.