Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Sunday, 10 October 2010

Another Christmas card at last!


At this rate of progress I'll be able to send this year's cards in about five years' time! Here is number 6 (of around 120 needed.....)

I love this stamp (and regular readers, if there are any, know how much I love snowmen) which is from JustRite Stampers' Old Fashioned Christmas. The pretty blue background paper was free inside the new Making Cards special Christmas magazine and I wish I could buy lots more; sadly there was only half a sheet of the blue, but I'm sure I have other, similar papers I can use for more cards of similar design. The base card is dark blue and the mat for the background and the bottom panel, also the backing for the scalloped circle, is silver mirri card but unfortunately it has, as usual, scanned rather dark, however if you click on the picture and squint at the enlarged version you may be able to see that it's not all dark and gloomy! I used Promarkers to colour the head and the punch is Double Loops. All circles were cut with Nestabilities Classic Circles and the Eyelet Circles

This isn't really my design. I tried to provide a link to my inspiration but couldn't get it to work, so you'll have to go to the Stampers Dream blog (link is in my sidebar) and look at the entry for September 24. Not having the same punch or stamp (but both are on their way to me lol) and choosing a different colour scheme has changed the appearance quite a lot. I love Michelle's card - maybe my next one will be red and green.......

Woohoo - I've just realised I can enter the Bah! Humbug! challenge this week! The theme is 'Cuties' and in my book they don't come much cuter than this!

15 comments:

  1. Great card Fiona, love the image and your choice of colours.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love your coloring on the snowman and that paper is really gorgeous. Great embossing, too. You made me laugh with your "6 cards out of 120 needed" comment...I'm in the same boat! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card, I love snowmen...Busy Bees Hugs, Ronnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this stamp set from Just Rite! And I LOVE the name of your blog! So unique! I am so envious that you have started your Christmas cards! I'm still in fall mode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a happy snowman! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card, love the snowman! This is really a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your snowman is really cute and the scallops and loops are lovely additional details. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Fiona

    What a stunning card with a super cool snowman - just perfect for our challange. I love the soft muted colours and the border punch at the bottom.

    Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange.

    irene
    Bah!Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card Fiona - I love your snowman and I always think blue is just perfect to give a cool feeling to snowy cards.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors and papers for this fun snowman!! What a wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (I think I've finally figured out how to make Blogger not hate me... crossing fingers that this comment will actually find its way!)
    I love seeing your beautiful cards, Fiona! This one is so pretty with the icy shades of blue, the wonderful borders, the unifying scallop pattern, and the perfect touch of complementary orange... Lovely job!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL I never get them all finished in time! I figure a late card is better than no card? This year I'm going digi though... my cards WILL be out in time!

    Your snow man is soooooo cute! This person is going to be thrilled to get this card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I havn't even started working on my Christmas cards yet, so great job on working on yours! This card is adorable. Love the border punch, and the cute snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well thanks for the nice compliment on my card...and I LOVE yours! Awesome job with that adorable little snowman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE snowmen and blue is my favorite color! This is an adorable card! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.