I used up more scraps than I expected in making this card because I didn't like my first effort, so I salvaged the stamped panel and made a new base. Then I picked up a small black piece which just happened to be under my hand, decided it was exactly what the card needed and stamped the sentiment by Hobby Art in Versamark then heat embossed with detail white powder. The main panel was one of my experiments with Distress Inks back in July when DH was in France; I stamped the weeds and grasses using Versamark/white embossing powder and Memento tuxedo black. The stamps are by Darkroom Door and Elusive Images.That pile of scraps is shrinking most satisfactorily......then I shall start on the bits in the stuffed drawers.....
Very elegant! I think the pop of black in the corner was prefect.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty Fiona - and well done on using your scraps. I think I should start to do the same.
ReplyDeleteThis is very pretty. Love the idea of using scraps. I have been challenging myself to make at least one project a week using only scraps. Love the pink and black combo here.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite color combo! I just love that you are working on using up your scraps. You have inspired me to do the same! I really like those embossed images and all of the pretty shadowing behind them! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful colors and shades. I am always using my scrapes but the pile never gets smaller :).
ReplyDeletebeautiful card fiona
ReplyDeleteLove this, I have been doing quite a few of this 'silhouette' type of stamping of late, I think it looks stunning.
ReplyDelete