Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Sunday, 11 March 2012

Forget me not!


No, not a plea to my faithful supporters but a birthday card for a friend! The papers - background with forget me nots and daisies and the two main pics - came from the recent Making Cards special issue of floral designs, a beautiful collection which is, I think, the best they've published. The unusual card was cut with another Get in Shape template bought at the big show I attended recently; the original design uses a full A4 sheet of card but I decided I wasn't keen on the proportions and trimmed a strip off top and bottom. The message panel was decorated with a Fiskar's punch; the greeting was unmounted and I have no idea where it came from.

We are away tomorrow until Friday, dancing in Somerset. Next weekend I shall have two cards to make for birthdays the following week....so much for resolving to make all cards a couple of months in advance!

5 comments:

  1. That's beautiful!
    Have fun dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Fiona I'm sure your friend will be delighted, enjoy your weekend and the dancing.

    Eunice
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! Your images and paper are gorgeous! Have a wonderful time dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona I love that card. I'm sure your friend will too.
    Have a good week with your dancing.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona,
    It has been some time since I've been blog hopping! Wow! I've really been missing out on a lot here at your blog. This card is stunning and elegant.

    Rebecha
    A Fellow Busy Bee Blogger

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.