Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Monday, 21 January 2013

A very quick card

We have two little girls living next door and Florence, the younger, will be 3 years old next month. I decided to make her card today, having already chosen which stamp to use. I needed to find a suitable background paper for it,  perhaps with balloons on, and started by looking in the current issue of Making Cards magazine which was lying on my desk. No balloon paper, but I did find a perfect image of a teddy with a birthday cake bearing 3 candles! I abandoned my original idea (which I might use for Big Sister in May) and then chose as background one of the papers intended for a different set of images - the girls are usually dressed in shades of pink so the pink and red of this one seemed to be most appropriate A  scrap of  plain red plus a   large peel off number completed what must be my quickest card ever!


7 comments:

  1. What a sweet image that is. Just looked at your beaded initial cards too- they're gorgeous! Hugs, Shazsilverwolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona! How you doing girl...:) better put you back up on my sisters link :).
    This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! The pattern paper is so pretty and the image is so sweet! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute...she's sure to adore it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love those bears!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just checking in on you Fiona.. Hope all is well. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.