I found this little 3D decoupage picture in the stuff inherited from a friend's mother and am really quite pleased with the result. The diamond background was cut with a Nestie die - second attempt because the first time I used a paper with a diagonal stripe and managed to NOT centre it! Then I decided the paper was too pale anyway, spotted the dark blue glitter paper in a file and lo and behold, quite a striking card that took about half an hour to make. The silver peel offs give a nice finish.
By contrast this took a lot of time over the past 3 days, pricking the design then stitching and beading and finally mounting it on green mirri card. The red and green threads are Guterman Sulky and the gold is a metallic - possibly DMC but I've lost the label from the spool end. It's designed by Emelie (aka Emy), a talented Dutch lady and I have a lot more of her work lined up - I really enjoy these. There's a link to an online shop which sells her patterns in my sidebar.
Now to see what other candle designs I can produce before I see Carol on Thursday - I've just received the Marianne dies and have a vague idea in mind so will play with them tomorrow (we have visitors this evening).


Look at you! You are off to a great start with your holiday cards. These are both fabulous.
ReplyDeleteGreat cards Fiona...I'm behind already LOL! TFS & for inspiring me to get started!!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't even thought Christmas yet -but I really need to!
ReplyDeleteThe glittery blue paper is so striking with the candles image, and the stitched and beaded card is gorgeous! You do such an amazing job on these cards!
Very pretty, love the stitched card!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful cards!
ReplyDeleteBoth of these are unique and beautiful!
ReplyDelete