Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Wednesday, 12 January 2011

Bah! Humbug! #1


The title of this post doesn't reflect my own feelings towards Christmas: it's merely to indicate that I've managed to complete a card for this week's challenge as set by the eponymous site! The given theme was Holly, or alternatively, Fairies, but I don't do fairies so holly it is. Yet another of the patterns from Stitching Cards and I like the finished result much more than I expected from the pattern; it was very quick to stitch, too, and not too taxing for my cold-befuddled brain.

It's a pity the scan doesn't show the colours properly. All the threads have a glitter filament - the lettering and candle are red, the candlestick is copper, and the flame and aura are gold, as are the long straight stitches in the border. Still, the good thing is that the holly takes centre stage ;)

6 comments:

  1. Fiona, I just love your stitched cards and this one is no different. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Fiona - whoever receives it will be a very lucky person.
    Thank you for joining our first challenge of the New Year at Bah! Humbug! Hope we'll see you again soon.
    Good Luck in the draw.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. How utterly beautiful this card is Fiona. It's probably even more stunning in real life. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! and good luck in the prize draw.

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's wonderful Fiona! Love the soft colors....TFS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, as always. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.