Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Friday, 28 January 2011

IF Rocking Horse

I made this card for our neighbours' younger daughter who will be a year old in February. My word, doesn't time fly when you're having fun! It doesn't seem like 12 months since I made a birth congratulations card for her parents using parchment craft....come to think of it, that was the last parching I did! This little rocking horse is done with iris folding; the pattern is a free download from Circle of Crafters and I'm quite pleased with it. The dark pink on the horse's back matches the rocker far better IRL than it appears in the scan, and the iris is a piece of pink/silver holographic paper.

5 comments:

  1. How very pretty! What a complicated shape to create with iris folding.

    Thank you also for the pretty bookmark. That was so sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Fiona, this is so beautiful! The iris folding looks amazing and the mix of patterns is wonderful. I'm sure they will cherish this card, for sure. :)

    I told Benjamin about the ribbon that your kitty left behind...his eyes lit up at the mere mention of ribbon! Im glad I'm not the only one with a crazy cat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That must have taken so much work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute Fiona! I love the pink....very nice work & tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona, This is adorable!! Love the rocking horse!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.