The challenge at Bah! Humbug! this week is to use something that hasn't seen the light of day for quite a while but used to be a favourite - what they are calling 'An oldie that's a goldie'. I used this stamp by PSX several years ago for many of my Christmas cards because it gave beautiful results without too much work and I could produce quantities fairly quickly. All it needed was heat embossing in gold or silver; sometimes I coloured the flowers lightly but more often left them plain. I'm now thinking of trying it in white or copper EP on dark card, rather like the thistle from my Burns Night card, but for this challenge I just mounted it on a panel of red mirri with a length of silver ribbon. The dies were the two largest from the mega deckle long rectangles. And the green border is purely background - I found that a plain white card on the white blog page left more than a little to the imagination!And I still love the stamp and wonder why I haven't used it for the past few years.
Very pretty - I bet it would look fabby embossed on a dark cardstock.
ReplyDeleteSo pretty.... it's fun playing with things that have been forgotten for some time! Great job!
ReplyDeleteThat stamp is incredible. I absolutely love it.
ReplyDeleteoh this is a real classic Fiona - just beautiful. I think Irene has this stamp or one very similar. You can't PSX when it comes to oldies but goldies. I have some beauties in my collection that I will never part with -ever.
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing along again.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
oh dear was rereading my message and realised I missed a word out it should say 'YOu can't beat PSX' - silly me.
ReplyDeleteAnn xxx
Beautiful card! I love the layout!
ReplyDeleteFiona this is gorgeous! That stamp is so pretty and has such detail, especially when embossed.
ReplyDeleteHi Fiona - how pleased am I that you brought this gorgeous stamp out of retirement. I love fancy text stamps as they are so elegant when embossed. This one will be stunning in any colour of metallic powder on dark card. Please promise to show if and when you do it. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
ReplyDeleteLuv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
This came out so lovely! You always do such nice work....tfs!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch an elegant card Fiona, loving the elegant colour scheme and that stamp definitely needs to be used more often.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a lovely weekend.
Fiona, I have to take this challenge! I have more then my share of "moldy oldies" in my craft room! Haha! Love your card! classic, clean and elegant! :)
ReplyDeleteThe colors are so pretty! Thanks so much for a fun blog!
ReplyDelete