Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Wednesday, 16 February 2011

It's All About Love

That's the theme for Rainbow Lady's challenge for this week....perhaps she expected lots of Valentine cards but since my poor DH didn't get one this year (come to think of it, neither did I!) I'm offering something different. We have four couples among our friends who are celebrating their Golden Wedding in the next 12 months so this was a good opportunity to start the special cards. First came the choice of a cream card base rather than white. Then I went through my folders and pulled out all the suitable cream & gold background papers, deciding to use another of the handmade Indian sheets which I have in abundance. The hybrid rose is a PSX stamop I've had for years and used many times, even painting it with watercolours on one occasion (and for me that was a huge adventure). This time I embossed it with Versamark ink and gold detail powder but was very disappointed with the result: no raised lines at all, and no shine.....if asked I think a viewer would decide it was a gold picture because it couldn't be anything else, but it certainly wasn't what I wanted. So I did it again using my very old ordinary gold EP and got the right effect this time. The matte gold card was a couple of bits from my scraps box, the gold peel offs added the finishing touch and that was it: an hour's work, one GW card down and an entry for Cynthia's challenge :)

8 comments:

  1. Fiona, this is beautiful, what a lovely stamp and with the gold embossing, stunning, your friends will love it. Love the new banner, yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Fiona. The gold embossing is such a fantastic touch and that stamp is gorgeous. I'm sure this will be a cherished card for your friends for such a special milestone anniversary. Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Fiona, fab stamp and gold embossing. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's Challenge this week.. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah this is super , I was making Diamond weeding cards for a few of Grans friends for a while, Thanks for sharing and joining in on Rainbow Lady this week Hazelxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect love card Fiona and I don't mind it not being Valentines as love is for everything. Thanks so much Love Cynthia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pretty & elegant card Fiona! Great image & layout....fab job & tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant! I love the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.