I needed to make a card in a hurry but spent a long time debating what to put as the message. It's for a lady in her 90s who has been declared unfit to live alone any longer and has been transferred from hospital (following a fall) to a residential nursing home. It's a fantastic place and her family are so relieved that she is now going to be well looked after, but I think she thinks she will be going 'home' quite soon.....I didn't want to cause an upset by referring to her new home so finally used that excellent 'one size fits all' phrase, Thinking of you. Now all I have to do is come up with a tactful message inside!The background and the plain pink papers were freebies from Making Cards magazine, the words and wide border are by JustRite Stampers cut with a classic circle Nestability. The large mount is the Lotus Pendant, also by Spellbinders, and the flower in the top left corner is the small poinsettia by Marianne Dies without any embossing.
And the pink/silver ric-rac braid was in my prize package from the Bah! Humbug! ladies which arrived yesterday - I knew I wouldn't be able to wait for the next Christmas card marathon!!
It's a lovely card and I specially like the Spellbinders pendant shape. I might just have to get one of those now! Thanks Fiona. Hazel x
ReplyDelete"I hope you enjoy your stay" (you and she may differ on thinking how long the "stay" is).
ReplyDelete"I'm confident you'll meet some new friends (who share an interest?) at your new place in no time"
good luck. It's a tough one.
This is a lovely card, the colors and the Spellbinder is so pretty. Tough card to sign, but I am sure with your compassion you will come up with something lovely.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about this Fiona but I hope that your lovely card lightens her mood & makes her day! It's really lovely & such a wonderful thing to share!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card! Love that pendant shape, too. I'm sure you will come up with something beautiful to sign the inside with. I'm sure that is a tough adjustment for her to go through. :(
ReplyDelete