Mary, the organiser of the dance week, will be celebrating her 98th birthday the following week and today I made this card for her. The basket is made with iris folding in a pale green card which was then mounted onto pearlescent mauve. The flowers were punched and double mounted in various shades of pink and mauve, and a gold sentiment completed the job. Now, I only have to do two more cards over the weekend....
Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens
Friday, 11 March 2011
A birthday card at last
For the past two weeks I have been so busy making Christmas cards for the Bah! Humbug! challenges (including 4 cards for next Friday as I shall be away from Monday to Friday lunchtime) that I've not thought about the birthday cards needed for this month. What with preparing cards at least a week before the themes are announced, and sending the scans to the Bosses at Humbug Hall, and writing the relevant blog entries at the same time so I remember what I've done, and remembering to save them in draft form...well, I hardly know which way is up nor what the date is! And on top of all that I had a hefty programme of country dances to prepare for the workshops I shall be teaching next week when we make our annual pilgrimage to Halsway Manor in Somerset. Not, I hasten to add, that I'm complaining! It's my first experience of being a Guest Designer for anything and I'm relishing every single moment (maybe going a wee bit OTT with the number of projects I'm producing), and I love teaching dances and staying at the Manor so Life is good even though it's busy.
Mary, the organiser of the dance week, will be celebrating her 98th birthday the following week and today I made this card for her. The basket is made with iris folding in a pale green card which was then mounted onto pearlescent mauve. The flowers were punched and double mounted in various shades of pink and mauve, and a gold sentiment completed the job. Now, I only have to do two more cards over the weekend....
Mary, the organiser of the dance week, will be celebrating her 98th birthday the following week and today I made this card for her. The basket is made with iris folding in a pale green card which was then mounted onto pearlescent mauve. The flowers were punched and double mounted in various shades of pink and mauve, and a gold sentiment completed the job. Now, I only have to do two more cards over the weekend....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fiona, this is just stunning! You really create some gorgeous creations with your iris folds. Each one more pretty then the next. This is the perfect card for the spring season and I just love the details you added. Have a wonderful weekend! :)
ReplyDeleteFiona that is a wonderful card and I'm sure your friend will love it. I hope you have a great week next week and don't wear yourself out.
ReplyDeleteHopefully I will be going to Shepton Mallet in April, I will let you know nearer the time.
Anne
Wow! You're certainly busy Fiona but this card is soooo gorgeous!!! I love the colors & all those pretty flowers you added! I do hope you have fun though!!!!!
ReplyDelete98 years young! How sweet! Fiona, this is just gorgeous - you have such a flair for creating and it shines through each of your cards. Love your orange blossoms in your blog title -- we have one growing in our backyard, too!
ReplyDeleteHi Fiona, Love your beautiful card!! I don't think I've ever heard of Iris folding. Thank you for visiting my blog. Later today, I will try to post a little tutorial on my card with the unusual fold. Thank you for asking!!!
ReplyDeleteFiona, this is gorgeous. Wonderful Iris folding.
ReplyDeleteVery pretty Fiona. The basket looks so lovely. I am sure your friend will love it.
ReplyDeleteFiona, If you are still interested, I have posted a little tutorial on my blog for the folded card!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for asking!! It's my first!!
This basket of flowers is beautiful and I'm sure your friend will love it. Hazel x
ReplyDeleteWow, what a stunning card with that Iris fold, you make these with such perfection, your friend will just love your card.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty that card is .... super Iris folding basket... and such a pretty collection of flowers...
ReplyDeleteThanks for your kind comments on my card.
xxx Monica
First time on your blog. Lovely iris folding.
ReplyDelete