Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Monday, 21 March 2011

Thank you Kathy!

Kathy and her dog Lucky have very kindly given me a 'Versatile Blogger' award, which I accept with gratitude. She is one of the great encouragers in Blogworld and I would like to think that I can pass on the award to others with the same grace as Kathy.

Now, one of the conditions of accepting the award is to tell you 7 things about myself. No indication as to what sort of things so here is a random selection....

1. I have an older sister who is my best friend and truly my 'Other Half' (no reflection on DH)
2. I sang with an amateur operatic society for 12 years: only back row of the chorus stuff, but I loved it
3. I published an anthology of quotations about lacemaking which sold 1000 copies worldwide
4. I have written 70 English folk dances and published them in 3 books
5. I met my DH when I started work in the public library aged 16 and we've been married for 42 years. He was my first and only boyfriend
6. I love doing 'Extreme' (very difficult) Sudoku problems
7. In 2000 I travelled from England to California for a long weekend at a stitching festival to meet my favourite cross stitch designer, Teresa Wentzler. We 'clicked' and she became a very dear friend

Whew! That was hard. Now to pass the award to 8 other bloggers whose work inspires me by their creativity. Ladies, please grab the Versatile Blogger logo and display it on your own blog.

Liz
Monica
Elizabeth

Jackie
Rebekka
Shaz
Ann
Max

5 comments:

  1. Congrats! Thank you for sharing fun facts about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Fiona! I really appreciate this award & will display it as soon as I get the chance!!! Thanks again & have a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Fiona for this award. You have done some very interesting things - oh my goodness mine is going to sound so boring.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona, congrats on the blog award. It was lovely to read about you. Thanks so much for the award, you are very sweet and kind! Have a lovely week Fiona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,

    You are so kind to honour me... I feel so touched.


    Loved to read about you - wow, you are so very accomplished, Fiona!
    Maybe you could inspire me to write a book, too. You have written so many books - what a brainy soul you are and you make such lovely cards as well... truly versatile!!!

    I will soon post the award. a big thank you again.

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.