Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Sunday, 13 March 2011

Spring is sprung


Another quick birthday card which cheered a very dismal day here. The lovely daffodil stamp is from a recent JustRite Stampers set, coloured with Promarkers and cut with a Nestabilities Classic Oval then mounted on the Beaded Oval. Background is embossed with Swiss Dots and the sentiment is cut with Fancy Labels. Green background paper is from my stash.

I have just discovered the monthly challenges on the Sir Stampalot blog . Since the theme for this month is 'Spring is in the Air' this fits the bill nicely, so here's my first entry.

16 comments:

  1. I love the fancy tag element. Great card!

    Rebecha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is really lovely! Beautiful coloring on the flowers! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Fiona

    I am so pleased you have found us and joined in.

    Your card is perfect for our theme, I always think daffodils are 'the' Spring flower with their bright cheery faces after the dark Winter days.

    Thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Stampalot challenge and hope to see you again.

    Can you make sure you add the link back to us in our post so you are eligible for the prize (details how to do it on our sidebar).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great card! I love the layout and the image is perfect for Spring.
    Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love how you layered the image and the nice soft spring colors. Hope the sun shines this week for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is beautiful. The colors are so pretty and does make you think of spring....can't wait for it to come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful spring creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful spring card Fiona, and I love daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks for adding the backlink Fiona :) :)

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Fiona,
    Love this card... the stamp is just so very pretty. you do make awesome cards... I am going to become your follower soon.

    xxx

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Fiona! I love the texture & colors you used! Very nice work as always & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! I love the fancy tag you used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Certainly says spring to me, I am a big fan of daffodils and yours are just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along at Sir Stampalot.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Fiona, like those beaded nesties. Thank you for your comments on my card
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.