No, not a card I've made for a birthday I forgot! Last Thursday was my blogging first birthday; I didn't post on that day so didn't bother to mention it. But I thought about it and had a quiet celebratory feeling within me. I'm pleased that I managed to set up the blog in the first place, and have learned how to tweak it over the past year - things like changing the header photo and positioning photos within the text are huge achievements for me :) I've also been thrilled at the lovely comments received and have a warm feeling towards every one of those wonderful people who takes the trouble to do so, especially the regulars. OK, I know no one is likely to make a nasty comment and bloggers work on a 'You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' ethos, but I could so easily have been posting into a dark uninhabited world! My family and close friends are not regular readers here so it is the larger crafting cyberworld that has opened its doors to me, and I am both gratified and humble. I don't do brilliant work that makes everyone gasp in amazement; my artistic ability is almost non existent; I've never been asked to join anyone's design team.....I just do my own thing, and in the future my creations are likely to be very similar to those in the past, so thank you to those who are content with seeing what I do.
I'm going to have a blog Giveaway as a thank you. I'm still stitching floral bookmarks (see the post immediately under this) with great enjoyment and will send one each to three people chosen at random from those who leave a comment to this post. I'll leave it open until midnight GMT on Friday 14th, which is about midday Saturday in NZ and 4pm Friday in California (the rest of you will have to work it out for yourselves!) Check back here to see if your name has been drawn and if it has you'll need to send me your postal address. I can't promise to send a specific design/colour combination because I haven't stitched all the possibles yet, but pick a single colour from red-blue-yellow-orange-pink-purple and I'll do my best for you.
Happy Blog Birthday! I would love to be considered for a bookmark (any color, I'm not particular). :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your blog! I would love to be entered in your bookmark giveaway. Any color. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your blog Fiona. May you have many more of them.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Blog Anniversary. Your blog is lovely as is your work!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your blog birthday!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Bloggin' Birthday! :) It is so fun to visit you and see your beautiful creations. I would absolutely love the opportunity to win one of your gorgeous bookmarks, too.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your blog! I have so enjoyed seeing your beautiful cards. Keep posting!
ReplyDeleteOh dear, Happy Belated Birthday Blog!!! I so love coming to you blog, you have such beautiful detailed things.
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Blog Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteIt is fun to have crafting cyber friends to share our stuff with, isn't it?
Happy Blog Birthday! Your blog is wonderful and a real pleasure to view.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog Birthday, I wouldn't know how to create one but your is great if often stop by to see your great creations. I would like to be considered for a bookmark, they are so pretty.
ReplyDeleteFiona I hate to admit this is my first visit to your blog (didn't realize you had one) but it sure won't be my last. What I've seen so far will definitely keep me coming back. You've done a great job with it!! I'd also love to win one of your beautiful bookmarks. I've never done any paper stitching but definitely admire it.
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog Birthday! Fiona, I remember you from CSNF and your cross-stitching days. I love the papercrafting. It's so creative, but involves too much decision-making for me. I'll enjoy it vicariously through you.
ReplyDelete