I made this today for a friend who is a keen gardener.....I think it will amuse him, even though there probably isn't a weed to be seen in his vegetable plot! I took the verse from a cross stitch book by Jo Verso, printed it from the computer and cut it with a Classic Rectangle Nestability, then mounted it on brown card cut with the Scallopped Nestie. The stamps are from several different companies. Inside, opposite the sentiment, I stamped 'May all your weeds be wild flowers'.
I'm back to my campaign for using up scraps - the cream and light brown both came from my scrap box.

I like this very much Fiona, trouble is it's so very true in my garden!
ReplyDeleteJenny x
Such a cute quote! I am a beginner gardeners and still have much to learn, particularly about which are the weeds to make sure I pull them, lol! Such a nice card!
ReplyDeleteFab work using up scraps to help make this fun card Fiona, loving the theme, love the images.
ReplyDeleteThis is a fun card, Fiona! I really like that sentiment on the front and I'm sure your friend enjoyed it also. Way to go using up scraps, too. Thanks for the inspiration! :)
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done, Fiona! Such a wonderful card and using scraps - that's creative and perfect!
ReplyDeleteGreat use of the earth tones, especially for a gardening themed card. Way to go using scraps too!
ReplyDeleteLove the poem! It put a smile on my face, because it sounds like my garden!
ReplyDeleteOhhh, if you want to visit Texas I could use some help using my scraps, I may not find Lucky soon. Your card is so pretty, love the earthy tones with the images and that sentiment is great. Your friend will surely treasure this.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet! I love the earthy colors.
ReplyDeleteHi Fiona,
ReplyDeleteThis is such an elegant card and the sentiment is so sweet and true really. the inside sentiment is so touching.
Lovely earthy colours as well.
Sorry, could not visit earlier as I was in Singapore visiting my hubby who has had a surgery. We just got back last night and here I am...hehehe!
Now I am off to check what you have left for me - so kind of you to think of me and my little blog. Thank you!
Hugs,
Monica