Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Monday, 25 April 2011

Bah Humbug Challenge #16 (& #15)

Despite the fact that we have been enjoying a heat wave over the Easter weekend - and indeed for the past two weeks - I'm delighted to have made two Christnmas cards today, the first since I finished my stint as guest designer for the Bah! Humbug! weekly challenges at the end of March. While trying to sort my craft room I almost lost the will to live, but now it is so much easier to find the things I need, particularly those that I don't know I need until I see them in front of me!

Nothing very original about my offering for this week's challenge which is 'Santa': the stamp is another from Clarity Stamps illustrating 'Twas the night before Christmas' and I made it the same way as a previous offering. There isn't much of Santa to be seen, but he will be putting in an appearance any moment now....and that ginger cat is going to be one very startled kitty!

Having missed several of the challenges while buried in my Black Hole I thought I'd catch up by working backwards. Last week's challenge #15 was for 'Stockings' (of the Christmas variety, we were ordered ;) ) so while that set was in front of me I stamped the first two and mounted them on this long green card. Very simple, but I think quite effective.

8 comments:

  1. I love these Christmas Cards! The shapes/colour schemes are just terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Welcome back Fiona ... wondered where you'd got to and had to laugh as I read the part about losing the will to live while sorting out your stash lol. Been there ... done that ... more than once lol!
    These stamps are brilliant and could've been custom made for our last 2 challenges! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh such a giggle with the Santa! :) Love these and you will be ahead of the rush. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can so relate to being overwhelmed by the stash sorting task! Love your work and good to see it posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you Fiona! You got your card mojo going and they are totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire you for your headstart on your Holiday cards Fiona! It's truly inspiring & they're always sooo cute...TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up with everyone's projects after being away for the week in Scotland. These are fab Fiona - you can't beat a good BOGOF offer can you? Really fab cards and well done on your tidy session - I'm still at the loosing the will to live stage in my room.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to chuckle because I always feel the same way when I get to organizing. After all is said and done, it is worth it but the process always seems so overwhelming. Such great Christmas cards! You are going to be so prepared for the holiday this year. I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.