Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens

Wednesday, 6 April 2011

An excuse for a post

I don't know where the past two weeks have gone, but they certainly haven't been spent crafting! For one thing, I started to empty my craft room into the dining room next to it, with the bright idea of tidying it. We all know what happens to good intentions, don't we? Life got in the way with a vengeance and ten days later the dining table is still covered, my craft room is only marginally tidier than before (because there's less in it) and I have just had to make a Get well card in a hurry to take to the dance club tonight for members to sign, having heard that someone is in hospital. Where were all the cards I should have put by for just such an occasion? Not even made, it has to be said.

This was actually a small ready made card which I have cannibalised to make it larger - it would have been quicker to start from scratch because everything that could go wrong very nearly did; however, it is done. The die cut words are by Cuttlebug as is the background embossing; I can't remember if they came from the same combo set or two different ones. Stamped words by JustRite Stampers, cut with a Classic Circle Nestie and mounted on a Scalloped Circle. I now have to clear away even more Stuff from the dining table...and I'm off to visit two craft shows in the next three days...I have a feeling I shan't be coming home empty handed from either.

I'm obviously not going to be joining in the Bah Humbug Challenge this week, but on Friday I need to make a card for an 80th birthday which is on Sunday. Ho hum, there's never a dull moment!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fiona,

    Sorry that your table is big hash... you'll get there...lol!

    This card is lovely... so soothing and subtle as well. I am sure it will be very well received.
    I wish you lots of luck for your craft space. Gosh! I try and keep my table clean but I fail every time...

    xxx Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if craft rooms ever really get tidy :) Your card is lovely, the embossing and sentiment is wonderful with the soft colors. Have a great day or evening I guess at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! And my craft space is always a disaster ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting - please take a moment to leave me a comment. I love being part of the worldwide crafting community.