The theme for this week's Christmas challenge is 'flying things'. I was planning to use one of the 'Winter Birds' stamps by Impression Obsession but I went to a big craft show on Friday (and Saturday....and this morning! Well, it's only ten minutes down the road) and saw a sample card which I have sort of copied - certainly took it as my inspiration. The stamp is one of a set of 'Twas the night before Christmas' by Clarity Stamps; it's a favourite poem of mine and I have a beautifully illustrated copy, but I think Barbara Gray, owner and designer of Clarity, has done a fabulous job. The card on her stand at the show had the image mounted and layered on the Nesties Label #1 and then mounted on a larger card with a ribbon accent; I decided to leave it small and have mounted a small square red card behind. It was stamped in black Versafine and coloured with dry watercolour pencils. The red mount is velvet paper which I was pleasantly surprised to find is self adhesive.
Nature gives to every season a Beauty all its own. Charles Dickens
Sunday, 27 February 2011
Bah Humbug Challenge #8
The theme for this week's Christmas challenge is 'flying things'. I was planning to use one of the 'Winter Birds' stamps by Impression Obsession but I went to a big craft show on Friday (and Saturday....and this morning! Well, it's only ten minutes down the road) and saw a sample card which I have sort of copied - certainly took it as my inspiration. The stamp is one of a set of 'Twas the night before Christmas' by Clarity Stamps; it's a favourite poem of mine and I have a beautifully illustrated copy, but I think Barbara Gray, owner and designer of Clarity, has done a fabulous job. The card on her stand at the show had the image mounted and layered on the Nesties Label #1 and then mounted on a larger card with a ribbon accent; I decided to leave it small and have mounted a small square red card behind. It was stamped in black Versafine and coloured with dry watercolour pencils. The red mount is velvet paper which I was pleasantly surprised to find is self adhesive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is adorable Fiona, love the coloring.
ReplyDeleteHi Fiona, your card is adorable. The coloring is beautiful and the shape of it is nice.
ReplyDeleteHave a great day!
www.alteredlily.com
What a lovely card Fiona, glad you got to go to a craft show and what a bonus with the inspiration!
ReplyDeleteOooooh Fiona - how lucky are you to live so close? Great interpretation of our challenge this week using this cool stamp to make a dinky wee card. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!
ReplyDeleteLuv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Lovely card and beautiful coloring work :)
ReplyDeleteWow, 10 minutes would be a problem for me, I would be there all the time. This is such a sweet card and what detailed coloring. Lovely! I am sure my daughter would love to travel over to your craft room :). She is so funny when she gets into her cleaning mode, now if I could just get her bedroom cleaned up.
ReplyDelete3 visits - oh my how lucky are you?
ReplyDeleteGreat card - fab stamp beautifully coloured.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
How neat, Fiona! This is one great card! I love Christmas all year long! :) My mom is born and raised in Hygh Wycombe, btw ..... had the chance to visit London and other areas this summer and LOVED it!
ReplyDeleteHi Fiona! This is such a pretty card! I really like the shape. It highlights that beautiful image perfectly. Great coloring, too. Having a craft show only 10 minutes away could be very dangerous, too! How fun! :)
ReplyDeleteAdorable card! I love the fun shape!
ReplyDeleteThis is a sweet card. I really love the stamp and velvety paper.
ReplyDeleteA Fellow Busy Bee Blogger,
Rebecha
Very cute card Fiona & your coloring is great!!!!
ReplyDelete