I cut a piece of silver mirri card using a big die by Marianne Designs of a scalloped circle and stuck the disk on top. I used the smaller die from the larger set of poinsettias, also by Marianne, to make six flowers; curled the petals over my finger to give a bit of depth and stuck them round a nightlight (I should have taken more care with the spacing but was in a hurry to finish and take a photo outside in daylight). Cutting and then embossing the total of 18 layers took a fair time but it was hardly rocket science.
I have a circular wooden box which last Christmas contained genuine Turkish Delight (but not for long). I'm thinking of painting the lid with acrylic paint to cover the writing and putting this piece on top, minus the tealight and substituting....something else...maybe a teabag medallion? in the centre to make a gift box. I haven't got time this week to play with it, but I'll keep the idea in mind.
I was delighted yesterday to find I've been selected as a Guest Designer for Bah! Humbug! during the month of March. I have the topics (no, I'm not open to bribery); I have scribbled lists of ideas and am itching to get started.....but I have a task which simply must take priority. I'm off to re-program my brain.
What a clever idea!! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteHope the brain reprogramming is going okay Fiona !!! LOL
ReplyDeleteLove what you've created this week - don't think your brain needs reprogamming if you can come up with beautiful stuff like this. It's a brilliant idea.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT
You did a great job coming up with this idea! I would have never thought to do this. Awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteA super idea Fiona, must admit I am scratching my head as to what to do for this weeks challenge at Bah Humbug.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your Guest DT spot too.
Hugs Christine x
What a fabulously creative idea! I always enjoy reading your posts, too. I had a good chuckle at your "covering up as much of it as possible" remark! :) Love how it all came together!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea Fiona!! I LOVE how you tackled this challenge & used that cd! Those flowers are gorgeous too.....awesome job & tfs!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow, Fiona , Its fabulous. A lovely idea to adorn at table at Christmas too. Hugs Rita xxxx
ReplyDeleteThis is so pretty and what a great idea!!!! Love it, thank you DH for giving your wife the CD to create such a lovely gift, gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteA clever idea Fiona that will look great on the table.
ReplyDeleteGina x
Cute! I think you did a great job using the CD. I always struggle with how to use these too.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on being selected as a Guest Designer. That's awesome news! I'm blown away by your creativity in using the CD. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!
ReplyDeleteA Fellow Busy Bee Blogger,
Rebecha
Very clever...did an amazing job...Love it.great job...Busy Bee Sistah Ronnie
ReplyDelete